Family, Friends, good food and great times. That’s what I love most about the holidays. With Vice on Ice nearing, I wanted to give a gift in the holiday spirit. Entry is simple – share an image that shows what you love about the holidays and use hashtag #ViceOnIce. I’ll pick my favorite response and announce the winner this coming Monday!
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Cosmopolitan™ of Las Vegas #ViceOnIce Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Tuesday, November 24, 2015, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Monday, November 29, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Entry Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion or sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Promotion Rules, in addition to Cosmopolitan’s Official Terms and Conditions found at cosmopolitanlasvegas.com. All terms not defined herein may be found in the Official Terms and Conditions as defined herein.
and the decisions of Nevada Property 1 LLC dba The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas (“The Cosmopolitan” or “Sponsor”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who, at the time of entry: (a) are legal U.S. residents of any of the fifty states and the District of Columbia; (b) are twenty-one (21) years of age or older; and (c) reside in the United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, representatives, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS) and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of Sponsor. Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. This Sweepstakes is conducted with permission of The Cosmopolitan and CRSVR.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter through one of the entry methods described below:
Instagram Method of Entry: You may then enter the Sweepstakes by posting a photo with a caption that includes a) #ViceOnIce and b) a photo depicting your love for the holidays. Any entrant using multiple Instagram accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Alternate Method of Entry: Email Vice at firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, email address and (optional: a photo depicting your love for the holidays.). Entrants entering the Sweepstakes via email are not required to provide a photo or description of their photo depicting your love for the holidays.
There is a limit of one entry per person or per Instagram handle per day. All entries are subject to verification. Entries that do not meet the specifications or that otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified. Incomplete, illegible or mutilated entries will be automatically disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify, or reject an entry from, any individual, or the right to deny any Participant once accepted, whose entry is found to be of objectionable or obscene , or is found to be tampering with the entry process or the entry is operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or illegible entries. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole an absolute discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole an absolute discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
By entering the Sweepstakes, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Sponsor to list the Participant’s first name, last initial and city and state on Sponsor’s website. Furthermore, by entry into this Promotion, Participants agree to, represent and warrant the following: (i) you have the rights necessary to authorize us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video as permitted by these Terms and Conditions; (ii) you authorize us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video as permitted by these Terms and Conditions; (iii) you have obtained the necessary permissions, if any, for us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video in accordance with the Terms and Conditions; and (iv) such photograph or video has not been manipulated or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in it.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: Only the number of prizes listed below will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. One (1) prize will be awarded:
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected by VICE to win entry into the Vice on Ice Event currently scheduled for December 2, 2015 at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Prizes must be redeemed by 11:59 PM PT on December 2, 2015. Certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves all rights.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Sweepstakes winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor on or around November 30, 2015, from all eligible entries received, and Sweepstakes winners will be announced on or around November 30, 2015. Potential prize winners will be notified by direct message or email using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within (1) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified, and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to two (2) alternate potential winners in accordance with the above procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner after such attempts have been made, the applicable prize may go unawarded.
6. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: Potential winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release form (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). Winners and their guests must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, with a current and valid government issued ID in order to redeem any prize. Grand Prize Winner and guest must comply with all required Hotel Registration requirements.
Prizes will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Taxes on any prize are solely the responsibility of each winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable, either voluntarily or by operation of law. All details and other restrictions of any prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole an absolute discretion. No cash alternative or substitution will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole an absolute discretion, to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive, and the prizes described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents. In the event any winner or his or her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole an absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the respective prize winner’s visit to The Cosmopolitan, in whole or in part, with no further compensation. All gratuities, taxes, incidental expenses, registrations, fees or charges, and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his or her guest.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Sweepstakes entries; or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers or mobile devices related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from Instagram or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or any other technical problems including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use prize winner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) (collectively, the “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law), and prize winner releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole an absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole an absolute discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEVADA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Promotion Entities relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes and/or (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize will be resolved individually and exclusively in the courts of Las Vegas, NV.
12. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules (print this page) and/or any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:Brand Marketing, ATTN: #ViceOnIce, 3708 Las Vegas Blvd, S., Las Vegas, NV 89109.